The Translation Coordination Unit (TCU) carries out one of the main objectives of the European Institute of Romania, i.e. to improve the access to the case law of the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR) and to the Romanian law relevant to the field of European affairs.
Our team of translators, legal revisers and terminologists ensured the Romanian translation and the linguistic and legal revision of the European Union acquis adopted up to Romania’s accession.
At present, using state-of-the-art tools and in compliance with the relevant international standards, the TCU carries out the following main activities:
- translation into Romanian, as well as the linguistic and legal revision of the ECHR case law;
- translation and revision of Romanian legal regulations into English and/or French;
- research and validation of the terminology used in the translations, as well as terminological unification;
- publications for translators, civil servants and persons interested in specialised translation (glossaries, guides, etc.)
- promotion and awareness-raising activities on the importance of translation, revision, terminology, as well as of language resources coordination and sharing (i.e. European Language Resource Coordination);
- contribution to standardising the occupations of terminologist, linguistic reviser and legal reviser.
The translations and the corresponding terminology, as well as TCU publications are freely available on this website.